Monday, February 9, 2009

When Times Are Tough, How Do You Keep Going?

Welcome to another post of True Blue Coaching!
A couple of days ago, my daughter and I were talking about Mother Teresa. Mother Teresa worked with the most desperately poor people. She said that her belief in God had led her to look for Christ in each one of the people she cared for. But then, after her death, stories in magazines told us some surprising news. Mother Teresa had a long, dark night of the soul: she had lost faith that there was a God. That bleakness never left her. Up to the day she died, she didn't regain her faith.

But just think. Despite the fact that she felt no God existed, Mother Teresa got up each day and did the same things she had always done. She ministered to the poorest of the poor, people in desperate need.

My daughter was amazed to learn this... just like I was, when I read those news stories awhile ago. Back then, I had wondered, what gave Mother Teresa the determination, the strength, the grit, to get up and go back each day to reduce human misery and suffering, just the way she'd always done.

Seems to me that it was Mother Teresa's values that gave her strength. No matter how she felt, she let her values guide her. She was True Blue. Coaching? I wonder who or what helped keep her strength up.

Mother Teresa was awesome. Probably a saint. I don't know that I could do what Mother Teresa did even when she did have faith in God.

She cared for the "least among us", even when she felt that there was no God to believe in. Mother Teresa stuck to her values. No matter what, she went out and did what was the right thing for her to do. I'm inspired. What a woman of integrity. Mother Teresa is probably the highest model I can think of, of how to live out our True Blue Values, no matter what.

So I wonder... What do you think? What do you think Mother Teresa's True Blue values were? And, if you care to share, what's your story? What are your values?

Ann

P.S. Remember to email me at
AnnCorcoran@TrueBlueCoaching.com for your free 30-minute coaching session.
P.P.S. There isn't a website for True Blue Coaching - not yet. It's in the works. I just couldn't wait, so this blog came first!

True Blue Coaching is to bring out the True Blue You!

No comments:

Post a Comment